Four basic cycling tips
Stay in control
Things you can do to keep control of your bike, even in an emergency:
- Make sure your bike is the right size.
- A bike shop can help you choose the right size bike for you.
- The proper fit of the bike is important. Remember that a well-fitted bike is more comfortable and easier to control.
- Inspect your bike regularly and make sure it is working properly.
Well-fitting helmets protect the head from potentially fatal injuries. By law, underage cyclists must wear a helmet while riding on a public road.
Use your helmet according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Visible and on alert
Even if you obey all traffic laws, there is always a risk of a collision.
- Be prepared to stop for vehicles waiting at stop signs, entrances or parking lots.
- Be prepared to take evasive action with vehicles that are driving next to you and may turn right.
- Use hand signals before turning or changing lanes to warn surrounding traffic.
Drive in a safe lane position
Drive in the same direction as the traffic to be more visible to drivers entering the roads or to those changing lanes in the following scenarios:
- Overtake a vehicle or another bicycle.
- Preparing to make a left turn at an intersection.
- If the road is one-way with two or more lanes.
Customer acknowledges and agrees that it has inspected the Equipment, and that the Equipment is in good condition and suitable for its intended use. Its use by persons other than those authorized in the contract is not permitted. Customer is responsible for adequate parking and safety when not in use.
The Client is responsible for the care and return of the vehicle and accessories (locks, helmet, keys, etc.) which will be inspected at the time of delivery and must be in the same condition as when rented, the Client being responsible for any damage caused. For the avoidance of doubt, Emoveyou has the exclusive right to reasonably determine: (a) whether the Equipment has been damaged during the Rental Period; (b) whether such damage is beyond reasonable wear and tear; (c) the extent of such damage; and (d) the total cost of repairs required.
The vehicle will be returned to the place and date contracted. Any variation must be authorized by Emoveyou. If the Renter drives with the contract expired and "without the authorization of the Lessor", the insurance contracted will automatically be suspended. Late returns will be charged at the daily rental rate until they are returned.
The Customer agrees to pay, in addition to the charges for the rental of the vehicle and taxes, fines or penalties of any kind imposed on them for violations committed by the Customer during the time of the rental as well as the amount of the days Emoveyou cannot freely dispose of the vehicle due to seizure, breakdown or damage caused to the vehicle during the rental.
The insurance arranged by Emoveyou with the Insurance Company, covers the Client with Civil Responsibility and against third parties (in the case of motorcycles) through an insurance policy arranged with the Insurance Company, and for damage to persons in the measures and conditions established in the Regulations on Compulsory Insurance. Excluded from the insurance are loss, theft and damage caused to goods or objects transported in the rented vehicle owned by the Customer.
The Customer undertakes to immediately inform Emoveyou of any claim and to transmit any letters, summonses or notifications referring to such claim and to provide full cooperation with Emoveyou and the Insurance Company in the investigation and defence of any claim or process. The Client must obtain full details from the opposing party which together with the details of the accident (how it happened, place, date and time, etc.) will be urgently forwarded to Emoveyou, by telephone even if circumstances make it advisable.
In the case of loss of the Equipment, regardless of the cause, the Customer will be responsible and will pay Emoveyou the full cost of replacing the Equipment.
In case of theft, the Customer will be obliged to pay Emoveyou S.L. the total amount of the stolen material.
If the cancellation is made with more than 24 hours notice, 100% of the amount paid in the reservation to be cancelled will be refunded. No cancellations are allowed for less than 24 hours notice. If the cancellation of the reservation is made without prior notice, the lessor will not make any refund. Emoveyou is not responsible for weather conditions.
- In the Renting by months a contract will be made between Emoveyou S.L. and the customer in which the duration and the monthly fee are established according to the rate. The signing of this contract includes the acceptance of the SEPA standard for collections by bank transfer during the months of the contract.
- Vacation Rental reservations require full payment at the time of booking. Payment will be made through the secure online booking system.
- The Customer also agrees to pay all applicable taxes: (a) VAT and any other government tax or fee; and (b) bank charges for money transfers.
- Payment of all or part of the total price (including credit card payment) is acceptance of these terms and conditions. Changes in reservations / cancellations.
- If the service is not available during the contract period due to circumstances beyond Emoveyou's control (such as theft, fire, earthquake or damage from a previous contract), Emoveyou will make every effort to offer the Customer a suitable alternative. If Emoveyou is unable to offer a suitable alternative, the customer will be entitled to a full refund of any amount paid to Emoveyou, less costs incurred by Emoveyou in connection with this reservation.
- No refunds will be given for early returns, late pick-ups, no-shows or changes of mind.
- In Vacation Rentals, if the cancellation is made with more than 24 hours notice, 100% of the amount paid in the reservation to be cancelled is reimbursed. No cancellations are allowed for less than 24 hours notice.
Hello! Move with us.
Are you interested in electric mobility and sustainability? Do you want to keep up to date with our offers and promotions?